FrameLector Pico is a single station ingest system for SD-video carriers offering high quality digitization and quality control on an entry level.
Any number of FrameLector Pico stations may be mergeded into a multi-seated digitization facility for high throughput. If you are looking for information on large scale digitization please see "Scaling".
FrameLector Pico is a bundle of software and hardware forming an independent stand-alone ingest system. It contains proven technology as well as NOA’s latest developments in hard- and software engineering. The combination of NOA’s ingestLINE™ application FrameLector™, the VTRi hardware, the optimized N6080 workstation, and the included PicoService introduce the possibilities and standards of professional high-quality video ingest for the use with small to medium size archives, but as well as on-demand add-on in the existing digitization operations of large institutions.
• Prevents you from erroneous transfers
• Eases your on demand archival ingests
• Substantially lowers maintenance costs on replayers (reactive maintenance of Betacam and IMX machines)
• Very low entry hurdle for technicians and archivist to digitize their video archive on demand.
• Low Turnkey entry price
AT A GLANCE
• Dual-Channel Video Ingest System
• RF and ISR machine read out
• Recording to mathematically lossless internal working format
• Export to most common production formats
• Turnkey standalone entry system
• Excellent entry solution for video archiving
1) What is the difference between FrameLector Pico and FrameLector?
|FrameLector Pico is a bundle of software and hardware to form a single-station ingest system. FrameLector is the recording software included therein.|
2) Which output formats does FrameLector Pico support?
|With FrameLector Pico you can produce FFV1 and V210 (uncompressed files in any resolution desired. For any other file format, 3rd party encoders can be attached via Command Line Interface.|
3) Can I start with one FrameLector Pico system and upgrade to an entire digitisation facility at a later time?
|Yes, any number of FrameLector Pico stations can be upgraded to a multi seated digitisation facility at any time in combination with jobDB or mediARC.|